- Embracing the Cold in a Genteel Place - The New York Times
Embracing the Cold in a Genteel Place In summer, activity centers on Quebec’s largest freshwater lake, 25-mile-long Lake Memphremagog, which extends into Vermont The Barrells were a rarity when they bought their two-bedroom, 1,300-square-foot condo bordering Lake Memphremagog for 157,000 Canadian dollars in 2000
- The Dutch Have Solutions to Rising . . . - The New York Times
Josh Haner The New York Times The site of the Dakpark used to be a railway switching station, a grim nowhere place abutting a cluster of social housing blocks This was a red-light district
- Extreme Cold Weather Spreads East - The New York Times
Temperatures remained near record lows in much of the Midwest for a second day on Thursday The dangerous cold has been linked to at least 21 deaths
- A Breakfast Invitation Helps Rebuild a Crown Prince’s . . .
Mr Trump’s willingness to embrace Prince Mohammed as if nothing were wrong sent a powerful signal to the rest of the world and represented a cold-eyed calculation The New York Times Company
- America’s Most Astonishing Choir Hates Sounding Pretty . . .
That piece is emblematic of the ethos that has made the Crossing one of the country’s most exciting vocal ensembles: an embrace of the new, a social conscience and fearless technique, brought
- Genteel Town With a Past - The New York Times
Genteel Town With a Past In Bear River there's a new native crafts shop, and one of the town's signature buildings, suspended over the water on pilings, now houses an excellent cafe called Stilts In the Historic Gardens are new samples of old Victorian annuals, the Black Prince snapdragon and the Empress of India nasturtium
- It’s Hard to Get Rid of a Confederate Memorial in New York . . .
It’s Hard to Get Rid of a Confederate Memorial in New York City if not genteel, war As the rally took place yesterday, in a park adjacent to Fort Hamilton, city police guarded the base’s
- Whoopi - The New York Times
jenna wortham This is Still Processing [MUSIC PLAYING] A few weeks ago, I opened Instagram And instead of seeing friends stunting on me on beach vacations while I’m stuck in cold New York, my